The 60s were a revolution from every point of view there is. Human Rights militants took to the street, the man landed on the moon for the first time and, in music, people were experimenting like never before. In many ways, the 60s set the stage for the music of the decades to come – including what you hear on the radio these days.
How to bring a touch of the 60s into your wedding through this decade’s music? We have gathered 5 songs from the 60s that are just perfect for your wedding – so read on and find out more.
- The Beatles, All You Need Is Love. This is the ultimate 60s love song – the one you will always associate with the Beatles and the hippie movement. Due to its positive vibes and high energies, it makes for the perfect wedding ceremony exit or wedding reception entrance song – it will just put a smile on everyone’s faces!
- Etta James, At Last. Suave, sweet, and deep – there’s nothing you can mistake with Etta James’ amazing voice. If you are looking for a soul song for your first dance, for your last dance, or simply to enchant your wedding guests, this is it.
- Elvis Presley, Can’t Help Falling in Love. We couldn’t have made this list and left the King himself out of it. This is one of his most popular songs, and definitely one of the most romantic ones ever created. If you are searching for something that will soothe everyone’s hearts, this song will definitely do it.
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell, Ain’t No Mountain High Enough. This is the kind of song that will fill you up with positive energy the minute you hear the first notes. It’s the kind of song that works for pretty much every moment of the wedding, from the very beginning, to the end. The high energy, the romantic lyrics and the fact that it’s a really popular tune will definitely win your heart.
- Percy Sledge, When a Man Loves a Woman. Although this song may not be as well-known as the others, it is a tune you will love the very first second you hear it. The romantic r’n’b music and the lovely lyrics will go straight into your blood stream, making your heart beat a little faster for your loved one.
Looking for a really good wedding entertainment in Pennsylvania? Contact A+ Entertainment and hire us if you want your wedding day to be absolutely fantastic!