According to Philadelphia Magazine, the naked wedding cake is a popular trend on the way to becoming every bride to be’s first choice. Uncovered by icing, the bare layers of the naked cake create an artistic backdrop for flowers, ornaments, fruit, or drizzled frosting. If you are a bride to be who wants a naked cake or something more traditional, you will need the best baker you can find. To simplify your search, we created a list. Based on Google reviews combined with reviews from around the web, here are Philadelphia’s top 5 wedding cake bakeries:
1. Haegele’s Bakery: A family run bakeshop known for their special occasion cakes and traditional German pastries. Reviewers say it is the cleanest, most well kept bakery and the baked goods are fantastic.
Address: 4164 Barnett St., Philadelphia
2. Whipped Bakeshop: A Best of Philly winner for best cupcake this bakery is known for its artfully decorated custom cakes, gourmet cupcakes, and whoopie pies. Reviewers say they create beautifully decorated wedding cakes with the best frosting they have ever tasted. Whipped Bakeshop even caters breakfast trays to the bride.
Address: 636 Belgrade St., Philadelphia
3. Frangellis Bakery: A popular bakery known for their quality cakes and pastries along with fair prices. Reviewers say they prefer to use Frangellis for events noting their unique eats like cannoli cake and ice cream dougnuts.
Address: 847 W Ritner St, Philadelphia
4. Bredenbeck’s Bakery: Wedding cakes, cookies, ice-cream and other confections are all created at this bakery. Reviewers say their wedding cakes are equally beautiful and delicious.
Address: 8126 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia
5. Tiffany’s Bakery: Known for their cakes Tiffany’s Bakery says they can create nearly anything you find in a magazine or on a wedding sites. Reviewers say their cakes are well-decorated, fresh, and taste great.
Address: 901 Market St, Philadelphia
When choosing your cake style and the bakery, remember to reserve your A Plus photo booth as well. Each one of our photo booths comes with a professional attendant who sets it up, breaks it down, and assists guests who need help using it. With an A Plus photo booth on site you know your guests are being entertained both before and after the wedding cake is served. Although we have several great packages to choose from, our memory book package is a wedding favorite because it comes with a scrap book for the bride and groom. Couples tell us they LOVE their memory books filled with hilarious photos, loving wishes and good advice! No matter which package you choose, you and your guests get free photos onsite AND free downloadable photos to share online. Book your A Plus photo booth today and check off one wedding must-have from your to do list. Call 267-932-1300.